Meditation & Essential Oils
We are excited to have Yoga Instructor, Mary Reames come to the cafe and teach us all some meditation/relaxation positions while incorporating essential oils that can enhance focus and centering of the mind and body. When it comes to yoga and meditation, there is no shortage of health benefits. For everything from the body to the mind and soul, the perks are endless. These benefits can range from improved flexibility of the body to clarity of mind and a powerful sense of purpose. Combining both physical exertion and meditation, yoga can even be a natural health alternative to the traditional “solutions” of the modern world.
Some oils we will talk about:
- Lavender: What some might label the “starter oil,” lavender is an all-around oil that promotes relaxation.
- Sandalwood: Often used for relaxation, sandalwood can enhance focus and mental clarity.
- Frankincense: A treasured oil used back as far as Bible times, frankincense can help with many forms of stress and anxiety.
- Ylang ylang: Popular in a range of different fragrances, ylang ylang promotes and reduces tension.
- Orange: Containing a citrusy scent, orange is a great oil for improving mood, while boosting focus and concentration.
- Peppermint: Often used for its respiratory benefits, peppermint will clear up the airways to improve breathing.
And when the session is over we can use essential oils for cleaning our mats before and after use. Citrus oils like lemon and orange can drive off germs and bacteria, while providing a pleasant after-scent.
About Mary: Mary’s Facebook Page
The cost is only $10.00. Seating Twisted is limited, so please fill out the form below to register and pay.
When: Wednesday, September 27th 06:00pm-07:00pm
Where: 1614 Main Street, Columbia, SC 29201